Grain-Free Choc-Coconut Dog Cake Recipe
Dogs don’t have a sweet tooth, and sugar is worse for them as it is for us.But don’t worry, because I’ve created a delicious, grain-free Choc-Coconut dog cake recipe which apart from being super nutritious is so easy to make. To top it off (literally), the icing is made from Greek yoghurt and peanut butter!You won’t want to wait until your dog’s next birthday for this one!Just remember – it’s not for you!
- 2 cup organic coconut flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup carob powder DO NOT use cocoa or chocolate powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic coconut chips or flakes available from your local health food store
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt for the icing
- 1 1/2 tbsp smooth peanut butter for the icing
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cake pan. There are some great doggy themed ones available online.
- In a bowl, combine the flour with water, until it is nice and smooth.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, making sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top of the cake is dry and springs back when you touch it with a finger.
- Cool completely before spreading the mixed icing mixture and serving.