Cheeky Chook for Cats & Kittens
This is a simple recipe with chicken, liver, and heart, but please note variety is essential in a cat's diet and when feeding any homemade fresh food diet for cats you need to address vital nutrients such as taurine. This is a great recipe to combine with bones, such as fresh chicken necks.
- 800 g human grade chicken meat
- 50 g human grade chicken liver
- 50 g human grade chicken hearts
- 100 g mixed veggies and herbs (zucchini, red capsicum, apple, mint) or 25g of supplement mix
- 50 ml warm water
- Wash and trim vegetables, fruit and herbs.
- Place in food processor and pulp to a mush.
- Add meat and organs, mix with vegetables.
- Gently cook (if you want to).
- Feed to your cat!
All fresh food recipes for dogs and cats use the same basic (and really simple) method. Each recipe will make approximately 1kg of food which may be frozen in portions. If you’re unsure about feeding raw food to your pet then all recipes may be gently cooked.