Famous Seamus’ Chicken Licken’ For Dogs & Puppies
This super-simple homemade chicken recipe for dogs & puppies is an excellent addition to any diet. Chicken, just like kangaroo, is an excellent lean protein which is readily available and relatively cheap. Feel free to use chicken breast, chicken mince, or even grind up a whole chicken for an excellent cost-effective meal packed with calcium (just make sure if cooking that you are not feeding cooked bones).
- 600 g human grade chicken meat
- 100 g human grade chicken liver
- 300 g mixed veggies, fruit & herbs (bunch silver beet, handful green beans, pumpkin, apple, pear, celery, sweet potato, parsley, mint, rosemary) or 75g of supplement mix
- 150 ml warm water = 300g rehydrated veg, fruit and herbs
- Wash and trim vegetables, fruit and herbs. Peel the pumpkin & sweet potato.
- Place in food processor and pulp to a mush.
- Add meat and organs, mix with vegetables.
- Gently cook (if you want to).
- Feed to your dog!
All fresh food recipes for dogs and cats use the same basic (and really simple) method. Each recipe will make approximately 1kg of food which may be frozen in portions. If you’re unsure about feeding raw food to your pet then all recipes may be gently cooked.